Exciting training opportunities
To access more information on the below training opportunities please search our calendar found here
“Stay safe, be safe”. Understanding your professional responsibilities workshop
The Education Workforce Council (EWC), as the regulatory body for 7 groups involved in education and training in Wales has dealt with over 2,000 cases where a practitioner’s fitness to practise has been called into question.
A must for both practitioners and those with staff responsibilities, this session will help you to remain fit to practise by:
- unpicking the EWC Code of Professional Conduct and Practice
- discussing real case examples on topics such as inappropriate relationships, social media, learner restraint and theft from school
- exploring what behaviour outside of school is appropriate, using real case examples where practitioners have breached EWC standards
- giving details of why some practitioners are refused EWC registration
- presenting EWC’s popular good practice guides on areas such as the appropriate use of social media and testing, assessment, exams and invigilation
Plan, Do, Review How to build an e-portfolio
The Professional Learning Passport (PLP) is the ultimate platform for your professional learning.
Launched by the Welsh Government (through the EWC) as the national, standardised e-portfolio, it may be used to record and reflect on your professional development.
This session will show you how to quickly and easily build a portfolio and explain how to:
- capture your professional learning “on the go”, using their mobile phone, tablet or other mobile device
- upload documents, videos, presentations and audio files as you progress through your career
- access EBSCO, the online gateway to over 4,500 academic education journals, papers and e-books, available for free to EWC registrants
- use your portfolio to plan your career, set objectives and prepare for your annual performance review
- share best practice with colleagues
Resilience training and support, Wellbeing strategies to support the workplace
- Provide practical strategies, diagnostics, tactics and tools to bolster mental, emotional and physical resilience in leaders, managers and teams.
- Learn the 5 Pillars of Resilience model is designed to educate, empower and inspire individuals to discover and maximise their own levels of resilience.
- Understand the significant benefit of support workplace resilience during times of uncertainty and change.
- Recognise the early warning signs or symptoms of poor mental health, stress, anxiety and depression within your team.
- Identify how to role model your won healthy working behaviours and proactively influence employee wellbeing.
- Confidently approach difficult conversations or topics with colleagues whilst recognising appropriate boundaries and times to refer or signpost.
- Securing the resources you need to lead, inspire and minimise stress in the workplace.
‘Cascade’ Developing a coaching culture to manage positive mind-set.
- Look in depth at individual learning styles (NLP Techniques) to best tailor goals and structures
- Clarity about what you want, why you want it and how you can get it
- Deepen your understanding of how coaching and mentoring can impact an organisation
- Get a critical understanding of the role and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor
- Defining the difference between coaching and mentoring
- Strategies on how to bridge the gap between where you are now and where you want to be
- Understanding the Skills, Principles and Practice of Effective Management Coaching and Mentoring
- Developing strategies to manage positive mind set within a coaching context
- Increased knowledge of self/self-awareness and ability to relate to and influence others
- Increased motivation and personal effectiveness
- Increased resourcefulness/resilience e.g. ability to handle change
In other news
Webinar - Supporting Transition through Flipgrid26 May, 2020
Distance Learning Webinars: May 202007 May, 2020
Have you visited Dolen recently?28 Apr, 2020
ART HEROES AN ONLINE ART COMPETITION IN AID OF COVID-19 RESPONSE27 Apr, 2020
Models for the development of distance learning - Primary23 Apr, 2020