Challenge Advisor: 3-Day Training
Developing Effective Relationships to Support High Performance in Schools
This optional training for Challenge Advisers will focus on:
- Understanding and managing tonality in creating highly motivated leadership conversations
- Setting effective value driven goals both personally and professionally
- Understanding what creates peoples behaviours and trigger points
- How to create positive change in yourself and others
- Accountability and personal responsibility – how to develop this within establishments
- Being able to transfer the importance of personal responsibility within the workplace whilst still maintaining rapport
- The conscious use of language and the impact it has
- Deeper use of Listening skills
- Adapt to different thinking and learning styles, and experience different perspectives.
- Learn how to use presuppositions through language to impact appropriately on someone’s experience
- Learn how to listen to everyday language to see how others limit themselves.
- Learn how to ask the questions that can lessen or even solve problems.
- Challenge peoples’ objections gracefully.
- How to help others set and achieve goals that supports identifying gaps in current performance and provide support to address these in a timely manner
- Create and manage your own emotional states to gain high performance that supports leaders to take tough decisions
- Learn how to manage stress, sustain high performance states and a greater sense of wellbeing
- Perceptual positions - Learn how to resolve inter-personal and inter-group conflict.
- Discover how to gain invaluable insights about other points of view, to aid decision making and leadership.
- Learn how to be your own best adviser to set personal high expectations
- How do we move people from being stuck to being resourceful
- How to improve the quality of teaching through a coaching context
- Strategies on providing swift and effective interventions with schools causing concerns
- Supporting improvement in the quality of teaching and learning through effective coaching and mentoring techniques
Day 1: 9 November 2017
Day 2: 11 January 2018
Day 3: 1 March 2018
Challenge Advisers will be expected to attend all 3 days of this training.
Halliwell, Carmarthen, 10.00-3.30
In other news
ACEs and protective factors21 Dec, 2018
ALN Code Consultation event20 Dec, 2018
Update - Additional Learning Needs and Education Tribunal [Wales] Act 201813 Dec, 2018
Launch of the public consultation on the draft Additional Learning Needs Code11 Dec, 2018
Pupil Development Grant Ideas Fund – Applications Now Open29 Nov, 2018