Newly Appointed Headteacher
The ERW New and Acting Headteacher Programme is an integral part of the work of ERW in delivering the regional offer for professional learning. It is aimed at colleagues in all sectors and has been designed to offer practical advice, mentoring and networking opportunities.
- A programme of professional learning conferences each term.
- Focus on the main issues facing new Headteachers with presentations from new and experienced Headteachers with time for discussion and networking.
Focus on effective leadership through working with others including the responsibilities on Headteachers and an overview of employment issues
New Headteacher Programme – September 2017
- Newly appointed and acting Headteachers with responsibility for leading a school and are in their first 2 years in the role.
- There may be elements of the Programme which may be useful for experienced Headteachers who are new to the LA’s within the consortium.
- The Programme Aims to inform, support and develop Headteachers to be highly effective.
Participants will explore and develop their skills to:
- Develop strategies, structures and systems to ensure that school is working effectively towards achievement of its vision
- Collaborate with others to lead their school effectively within its community.
- Develop a culture and practice of appropriate innovation across and beyond their school
- Ensure a range of Professional Learning opportunities for the school’s workforce.
- Lead sustainable improvement in pedagogy within the school
Newly appointed Headteachers should inform ERW of their Appointment to ensure they are notified of all networking opportunities. Tom.email@example.com