National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH) The NPQH qualification is mandatory for all teachers moving into their first headship post in Wales to hold the National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH).
The qualification is open to teachers in the maintained sector who believe that they meet the national Leadership Standards and for whom headship is a realistic next step and one that they are actively seeking.
The current round of NPQH runs from 26/05/2017.
The NPQH assessment programme follows four clear stages:
- Applications Forms must be submitted by 18/09/2017
- Once candidates have completed their application and the headteacher has completed their recommendation, the form and the candidate’s completed ILR should be sent directly to NPQH@ERW.org.uk.
- Selection for the programme is through the ILR and the endorsement of LA Endorsing Officers.
- Successful applicants, become candidates for the qualification and are assigned a Leadership Coach to help them in their preparation for assessment.
- Candidates undertake Professional Learning activities including a leadership task within their own setting.
- Candidates attend Assessment Centre where they are interviewed by Assessment panels
NPQH 2017 - 18
Briefing sessions - NPQH Briefing PowerPoint
Attached below is the NPQH application form for 2017-18 This has to be submitted to ERW by 1pm on 18th September 2017
Attached below is the blank ILR which you must use . This needs to be submitted together with your application form in WORD format by 1pm on 18th September 2017. NPQH@erw.org.uk. Please note that this needs to be completed and discussed with your headteacher and senior challenge adviser. PLEASE NOTE there is a word count on the ILR - any extra words will be discounted.
No other version of the ILR will be accepted!
This powerpoint will give you advice on completing your ILR.
Here are some completed exemplars of ILRs