Challenge Advisor: 3-Day Training
Developing Effective Relationships to Support High Performance in Schools
This optional training for Challenge Advisers will focus on:
- Understanding and managing tonality in creating highly motivated leadership conversations
- Setting effective value driven goals both personally and professionally
- Understanding what creates peoples behaviours and trigger points
- How to create positive change in yourself and others
- Accountability and personal responsibility – how to develop this within establishments
- Being able to transfer the importance of personal responsibility within the workplace whilst still maintaining rapport
- The conscious use of language and the impact it has
- Deeper use of Listening skills
- Adapt to different thinking and learning styles, and experience different perspectives.
- Learn how to use presuppositions through language to impact appropriately on someone’s experience
- Learn how to listen to everyday language to see how others limit themselves.
- Learn how to ask the questions that can lessen or even solve problems.
- Challenge peoples’ objections gracefully.
- How to help others set and achieve goals that supports identifying gaps in current performance and provide support to address these in a timely manner
- Create and manage your own emotional states to gain high performance that supports leaders to take tough decisions
- Learn how to manage stress, sustain high performance states and a greater sense of wellbeing
- Perceptual positions - Learn how to resolve inter-personal and inter-group conflict.
- Discover how to gain invaluable insights about other points of view, to aid decision making and leadership.
- Learn how to be your own best adviser to set personal high expectations
- How do we move people from being stuck to being resourceful
- How to improve the quality of teaching through a coaching context
- Strategies on providing swift and effective interventions with schools causing concerns
- Supporting improvement in the quality of teaching and learning through effective coaching and mentoring techniques
Day 1: 9 November 2017
Day 2: 11 January 2018
Day 3: 1 March 2018
Challenge Advisers will be expected to attend all 3 days of this training.
Halliwell, Carmarthen, 10.00-3.30
In other news
A-Level Results 201816 Aug, 2018
The cross regional development of school leadership – July 201819 Jul, 2018
National Autumn Conferences19 Jul, 2018
On the Money? Targeted funding to improve educational outcomes06 Jul, 2018
ERW Diagnostic tool for National Numeracy and Reading tests.13 Jun, 2018