£200,000 to support armed forces children
NEW grant funding scheme available to schools and Local Authorities in Wales!
Key information about the fund:
- £200k available for 2018/19 academic year
- Schools submit a grant application providing a breakdown of how they would spend the grant if successful
- Deadline for applications is 30 June 2018
- Schools can submit individual applications or in a cluster bid with other schools
- Funding should be used to help Service children overcome the challenges they face in education as a result of mobility and deployment
- All maintained schools in Wales with at least one current Service child enrolled are eligible to apply for the grant
- Further details including instructions, FAQs and the application form can be located on the SSCE Cymru website: http://www.sscecymru.co.uk/supporting-service-children-in-wales-fund
- Staff training
- Provide additional support with core subject when needed
- Obtain resources to support Service children when moving schools
- Purchase resources/IT equipment to help Service children keep in touch with parents during deployment
- Organise events to engage Service families in the school and local community
- Provide resources to develop a lunchtime ‘drop in’ support club.